Wedding favors that are unique will certainly be kept for a long time and every time the receiver looks at it, memories of your wonderful wedding will come into their mind. It is also a sign of thank you gesture from the couple to those who came to their wedding.
The traditions of giving out wedding favors was started by the medieval aristocrats. They would be given to those with equal social status. The wedding favors are small trinket box filled with sugar cubes and the reason for this is because sugar being very expensive is a sign of wealth.
The practice continues today and is not limited to aristocrats or the wealthy. It is also a sign of appreciation and the gift varies from food to simple ornaments. The gift would greatly depend on what the couple’s thinks best to represent their gratitude to the guests.
Here are the types of common wedding favors:
- – When you want hassle free and simple to purchase favors, decorative wedding favors are the one for you. They are just decorative ornaments meant for the table or just about anywhere. Examples of these favors are paperweights, pots, scented soaps, wedding unity candles and miniature glass bottles.
- Practical wedding favors are items you can use because they are usually things like photo frames, pen holders, candles and scented foam bath sets. They can be really pretty and most of the time; they’ll end up being decorative items because of this.
- Humorous wedding favors are given out with a tongue-in-cheek approach. These are favors that are meant to be funny more than meaningful. The main objective of giving out humorous wedding favors is for the guests to have fun with and not to treasure. Some choices are party-poppers, whistles, bells, garter belts and even lottery tickets.
- Edible wedding favors are food-and-beverage-based favors given with the intention that guests enjoy high-quality gourmet foodstuffs as a way of remembering the wedding. The most popular edible wedding favors are by far, chocolates (in any shape and form), fruit cake and cookies. Less common ones, but which are just as good, as gourmet coffee or tea.
- If you’re enthusiastic about saving the environment, you can have wedding favors that carries the message. You can have wedding favors that are made from recycled materials and decorated in a very elegant manner. Everyone will be amazed.
- You can also find seasonal wedding favors that you can have for your seasonal wedding theme. The gifts are usually anything that has to do with the season you’re getting married or even in the color that represents that season. Maple leaves card holder makes a great fall wedding favors while flip-flops are for the summer wedding.
Wedding favors do not have to be expensive items. In fact, some of the most memorable and well-used wedding favors could very well be that budget-friendly coaster set, plastic beach ball or pair of rubber flip flops. The last thing you should want your wedding favor to end up being is discarded the moment they reach home or even worse, in some corner of their store room gathering dust.
Always make it a point to evaluate the type of people you invite to your wedding. Are they the crowd that would appreciate decorative ornaments or will they cherish something that they can use such as paperweight or photo frames? By doing this, you will be able to roughly determine where your favors will end up.
When choosing wedding favors, ask yourself some questions:
- What will this gift be used for?
- Will my guests enjoy their gift?
- Does this reflect us or our personalities?
- Will my closest friends expect something like this from us?